Wednesday, April 11, 2007

ADEL TAARABT CLAIMS HE'S STAYING AT THE LANE

17 year old French midfielder Adel Taarabt claims he has signed a 5 year contract with Spurs.


The highly regarded youngster joined the Club on loan from Lens during the January transfer window, with a view to a permanent move.

Taarabt is now claiming that he has already committed to Martin Jol's side for the long-term.

However, the permanent deal can only become official when the midfielder turns 18 at the end of May.

Taarabt, who played the final 25 minutes of Saturday's game against Chelsea, said that he is delighted with his decision to move to the Premiership. His comments are reproduced hereunder:

"I am not on loan, I have signed for five years but the contract will be official when I am 18 years of age,

"It is a nice story for me. I belong to Spurs. I feel very good, this club trusts youngsters and there are French players Pascal Chimbonda and Steed Malbranque, and Didier Zokora and Teemu Tainio speak French. I was watched by Tottenham scouts when I played with the France Under 17 team.

"I asked Lens to play, but they told me I was too young. Spurs representatives told me I would regularly play with them, so I immediately agreed to move. They love French people there.

"In England you have to attack for the fans. Even if you lead 3-1 at home, you add more strikers, whereas in France you replace strikers with defenders."
Meanwhile English tabloids today are linking us with Portsmouth defender Matt Taylor and Derby's young sensation Giles Barnes. The Daily Mail claims that Spurs have already agreed a 3 million pounds deal with the Rams for Barnes.

No comments: